Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cannes: Day 7

MARIE ANTOINETTE (dir., Sofia Coppola) (44)
Note: Just looked over the shoulder of an Italian journalist who writes "I francesci sono furiosi" (unfor. I can't see the rest of her copy). Hopefully the French are furious because this is half-baked and banal, not because it insults the memory of the French Revolution or anything. I mean come on, that was years ago.

SILK (dir., Su Chao-pin) (40)

THE FAMILY FRIEND (dir., Paolo Sorrentino) (62)

4 Comments:

Blogger md'a said...

It is unfor. that you have adopted this unfor. Jaredism.

Also, you are dead on your feet because you don't have the sense to walk out of patently bad movies like Silk. Life is too short bud.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Litmus said...

I mean come on, that was years ago.

Apparently, not.

Didn't the Coppolas have a winery in California somewhere...

12:53 AM  
Blogger Steve C. said...

HA! I think that this should not be publicized -- French wine's already having enough troubles in the marketplace lately, what with residual 'freedom fries' hostility...

6:38 AM  
Blogger Steve C. said...

I dunno... I've been consistently underwhelmed by Coppola's Diamond Label series, but I think the Rosso is pretty decent stuff for the money. I wouldn't kick Bonny Doon Big House Red out of bed for it, but it'll do in a pinch. Haven't the foggiest how the high-end Niebaum stuff is, though...

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home